About the Role
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in engineering computations and technical support on design for utilities, roadways, site grading,
storm drain systems, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control.
- Adapt in an engineering environment with high pace engineering plan production.
- Ensure that project deliverables satisfy project requirements.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Coordinate survey teams and process field survey data in CAD.
- Assess project requirements, while developing and recommending a sound approach or application to
meet the needs of the project and client.
- Prepare quantity and cost estimates.
- Assist with preparation of project specifications.
- Experience in utility design is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in use of AutoDesk Civil 3D or Microstation is highly preferred.
- Knowledge in Engineering software such as TR20, TR55, HydroCAD, Flowmaster, or similar is preferred.
- MS Word and Excel.
- Engineer-in-training certification preferred.
CIVIL ENGINEER I
CNC Civil Services a WBE/SBE firm in Washington, DC is seeking an entry level Civil Engineer to our rapidly growing Engineering Department. This position offers great opportunity for professional development and career advancement.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
Understanding on basic civil engineering tasks and duties.
Reading design and construction plans.
Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and good organizational skills.
About the Company
CNC Civil Services, LLC is a small woman owned (WBENC) firm based out of Washington, D.C offering services in subsurface utility investigation, surveying and engineering. We employ a staff with decades of experience in the underground/above ground infrastructure and civil engineering field. Our primary services consist of private utility locating, utility designation and mapping, air/hydro vacuum test pitting, surveying, mapping, site engineering, water resources engineering, utility design and coordination, transportation engineering, due diligence, permitting, and construction administration. Our staff has a successful history of operating in a team environment with designers, engineers, and planners to assist in solving the challenges of important engineering tasks. This successful history involves placing a priority on a safe and environmentally friendly work environment.